Whilst doing my usual blog reading the other night, I saw someone post seven things about herself to let her readers get to know a little bit more about her (I can’t remember where it was or I would link back to it). I decided to make my list one of quirky things about me rather than serious! I thought I would be more fun that way.
1. It’s safe to say that I cry in almost every movie I see. I could hardly stop crying after a certain point when watching “Up“. I saw it at least 3 times and cried just as much every time. I even got a little teary eyed in “Transformers 3” and I don’t even like the Transformers movies… like, at all.
2. Libraries… I LOVE THEM!!! I love the quiet (unless you sit by those annoying people who’s mothers never told them that a library is supposed to be a quiet place), I love the old libraries with so much character and lots of old books. And lest we forget the hilarious people there who fall asleep on those comfy chairs and couches randomly dispersed. Or a little happening I saw the other day where two ladies who worked at the library were crawling around on the floor with a flashlight looking for something. I have no idea what it was or if they found it, but I was trying to refrain from laughing and taking a picture. Anyway, I particularly like the University of Oklahoma’s library, the Bizzell Memorial library. I was so excited for the school year to start so that I could go to this library every day. I took a few pictures last time I was there, but I’m no photographer, I took them with my iPhone, and ironically it was dark in there. So if you are a photographer, please excuse the lack of quality.
The picture above is of the glass floors in a certain part of the library that I believe is referred to as the stacks. Apparently most students think it’s a bit of a creepy place. Not me though. I love the glass floors and the extremely low ceilings, and the everlasting rows of books. It is so quiet that I just want to sit on the floor and study all day long… All those pictures were from the stacks, so if you can’t tell, I really like that part of the library 🙂
3. I love to hear someone sit down at a piano and just play with no music, nor anything memorized or necessarily planned, just a little lyrical melody made right at that moment. (I’m not talking about those people who play just to make noise, but the ones who can really play)
4. I have this kind of slight obsession with my dog. Yes, it’s true. My dog is basically my little buddy, and I love that since we’ve moved, he’s started to like me bunches more than he ever has. If he dies before the rapture, I will be crushed… but let’s not talk about that. Oh, and by the way, his name is Skeeter and he is a miniature schnauzer. He is also 12 years old, but personally I don’t think he acts like it.
5. Basically I listen to the same music all the time, but sometimes I get this desire to listen to Hawaiian music, specifically Israel Kamakawiwo’ole (really I only listen to the album Facing Future, in case you’re interested). He’s dead now, but he had such a passion for his people, the Hawaiians. His music has such character.
6. Don’t laugh, but when I am alone I talk to myself. That’s not the quirky part though; I think everyone does that. When I talk to myself, I talk in an Australian accent. There might come a time when I need to use it, or maybe just to make someone think I’m from Australia because that would be SO cool. I like to listen to Brooke Fraser talk (actually a New Zealander) and then try to imitate her accent. Other times I listen to podcasts of predominantly people from Australia and listen to the way they say certain words. Hahahahaha….
7. This sort of goes with number six. I prefer to spell things the British way. For example, I prefer “honour” over “honor,” “realise” over “realize,” “yoghurt” over “yogurt.” See what I mean? It’s just a personal preference for no particular reason 🙂I hope that lets you in on some silly things about me!!